Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Left over Spaghetti

Last week I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce. Its always nice to make this meal in a large quantity so you can freeze the sauce to re-heat and use as left overs. Last week I decided that instead of eating spaghetti two nights in the week that I would try spaghetti pie. The recipe is one that my friend Beverly makes with her left over spaghetti; the recipe comes from more with less cookbook. There isn't really specific measurements so I was worried that it wouldn't turn out...I was wrong it was very yummy and is a recipe that I will be adding to our menu as it tasted wonderful and it freezes well to!!


Recipe
Grease a pie plate. Make the crust from about 2 servings of cooked spaghetti noodles, 1 beaten egg, about 1/4 Parmesan cheese, and a little melted butter. Mix together and put in plate. Put some grated cheese on top and then your spaghetti sauce. Add more grated cheese and bake 350 x 25-30. Enjoy.

This pie can also be made into spaghetti pizza, that's how hubby likes it! To make the pizza I simply whip up the noodle base as shown above. Then I spread it all over a pizza pan and bake the noodles in the oven for about 12-15 minutes at 350. We like the noodles to be crispy. After they have cooked a little while I add the sauce and pizza toppings. This has become such a yummy treat in our house.

Another recipe that goes great with this are this simple (and very delicious) bread sticks.

The recipe for those can be found over at Tammy's recipes

1 comment:

Geniève said...

Wow, I've never heard of spaghetti pie before.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...