Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Cards


This year we decided to use a family picture that we had taken this fall as our Christmas cards. I have a close relative and friend who has a great photo program on her computer with lots of back grounds who put this together for us. Its great because these were printed off as a normal 4 *6 during a print sale so I got each copy for 10 cents !! Pretty good price for Christmas cards.


Since it is now December we are giving them out to our friends, family and now to all my wonderful blogger friends!!!! But there are always the ones that need to be mailed so what do you do about them. This year I decided instead of making another card to go along with this card that I would decorate the envelops instead.




To decorate the envelopes I used stamps, Christmas colored paper, ribbons and buttons. Also on the back of each envelop was a verse that read:

I bring you good news of great joy for everyone. The savior-yes, the Messiah, the LORD- has been born tonight in Bethlehem. ~ Luke 2:10-11

I think that Christmas cards with pictures on them are the best way to up date peoples photos of you and it saves on paper; as most of the people getting our cards live close by and didn't need an envelope. We defiantly saved on postage this year to as we did a drop off with both of our parents to hand them out. So if you are from the home towns and have not yet received yours yet don't worry its coming!!!


I also wanted to share this picture with all you readers of my son (in the middle) and his two friends. This picture was taken and used on the Christmas card for the Pregnancy Resource Center here where I volunteer. It was simple to do; well not getting them all to look at the camera and smile at the same time. We wrapped up a large box that I got from our local Home Hardware store with bright wrapping paper. Dressed the boys up in the same outfit and stuffed them in the box. For the back drop we used bed sheets to cover up the background and stuck some Christmas hats on their heads, let them play and tried to snap at least one descent picture of them. Oh what did we do before digital?


Every good and perfect gift is from above ~ James 1:17

If you would like to have a picture put in a Christmas card format like we did check out my friends stuff Photo's by mum if you are from this area she is willing to do them for $10 a template.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...