Thursday, December 18, 2008

I did it!!!

After years and many failed attempts I finally got lentils to cook for me in a very delicious recipe that I found on $5 Dinners. I stumbled upon the recipe while searching some of my favorite site trying to find something to make my friend Renee because she just had baby number 2. Knowing how much they love dried beans and lentils I decided to work up my courage and try this recipe Honey baked lentils. I used green lentils in the recipe and didn't use the bacon (sorry Stam's). Because it makes such a large dish hubby and I tested them out before we gave it away and we loved them. The only change I would make for next time is cook the onion first before placing it in the dish and I had to cook it in the oven for longer then the recipe called for.


Sorry the picture doesn't look pleaseing but it did taste good. We served it over garlic mashed potatoes.

Woo....now that I got that recipe to work I have a bunch more lentil recipes to try!!

4 comments:

Geniève said...

Cool. I need to try out some lentil recipes too. Love the new Christmas look by the way :)
Very festive!

Unknown said...

I also have lentils and needs to find some good recipes to use them in. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Also, do you have any good recipes for couscous? A co-worker gave me a lot of it this week because she's never gotten it to turn out right. Thank you!

cuddles said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Hubby and I have been saying for a long time now that we need a good lentil recipe. We also have had a hard time finding something we like. We'll definitely be giving this one a try!

Mrs. Stam said...

It was very yummy thanks Kate!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...