Monday, March 16, 2009

Rescue mission

I hope that my kitchen tip today can save your pots just like it has save my favorite pot many many many times. This little trick came from my friend Niki and it has helped me so much so I just have to share...now that I have pictures of this little trick.

I am sure all my readers are such great cooks that this probably never has happened to you before but for me this usually happens when I am steaming squash. I usually only put a little bit of water in the bottom pan because I really don't like my squash wet and feel that if I steam it in as little water as possible then it turns out dyer. I am not sure if that is good theory but my squash always taste delicious... my pot on the other hand sometimes comes out of the battle not looking good.

This is what happened to my trusty pot just last week as I was once again multitasking too many things while trying to cook supper.

So now you can do two things. The first thing I use to do was soak the pot, try to scrub it, soak it again, more scrubbing then finally I would break down take out the SOS pad and scrub until my arm hurt. Now this is what I do instead!

Add some baking soda to the pot
then add some vinegar and water.

Now I know this is shocking but put the pot back on the burner and bring the mixture to a rolling boil for 15-20 minutes depending on how bad of shape the pot is in! Let it cool and take a cloth and wipe it clean!!

You may not believe me but it works so well that you don't have to get out the SOS as you will be able to whip it with just a regular cloth. Here is what the pot looked like when finished!!


Another rescue mission completed!

For more kitchen tips check out Tammys Recipes

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I am definately going to try this. Thanks for posting it!

Unknown said...

my mom taught me this when I was first living on my own and learning to cook! Works great eh?!

jac. said...

This is the best secret trick I've learned, passed down in a church kitchen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...