Friday, October 2, 2009

Mexican Rice turned Quesadilla


This is a great way to get a lot of meals out of one batch of rice. I posted a while ago how I used left overs in the fridge to make some Quesadillas but this time I didn't have anything in the fridge so I made up some Mexican Rice.

So here is some what of the recipe

Cook rice and add to the water some Taco Seasoning. Once cooked add some corn (frozen or canned) to the pot along with salsa, beans (I did have some maple beans left over), and peppers. Once done take Tortillas and place mixture in the middle of the shell. Top with cheese and fold the shell over. Bake in a 350 oven for 10-15 minutes and serve with sour cream and salsa.

These are great to have when company comes over or to have the rice made up in the fridge for a quick and easy lunch!

For more frugal ideas check out life as mom

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...