Tuesday, January 11, 2011

rice cakes anyone

So we are having a lot of fun this week on our Daniel fast because a good friend of ours from Korea is living with us and is pretty much doing all the cooking!!! She has made so much delicious food for us we will be sad to see her go. Sunday when we got home from church she whipped up this rice dish for us (and to answer Kristi's comment we are using a white Korean rice for now). This dish was like fried rice minus the meat, additives and loads of sodium.


She fried up (you don't always have to use oil to "fry" you can put in some vegetable stock or even just a little bit of water and lemon juice) some garlic, onions, carrots, and a potato. Then she added some rice, sesame seeds, and peas. Once it was fried up she cooked some eggs like thin omelets; loaded them with the rice mixture and flipped them onto plates!! Yummy they were very good and a great way to use up the left overs in the fridge.

Now this morning when I got home form mothers club she was cooking away using up the left over rice from Micah's birthday. In this bowl she put rice, carrots, peas, sesame oil, egg, garlic and a little bit of cheese and she was frying them up in the cast iron pan.
They were the best rice cake I have ever had!! I can't wait to eat more of them at supper time and to enjoy some yummy spring rolls that she has made for us! Check back tomorrow to see what spring roll creations we have made.


Hey readers please feel free to leave comments and some recipes that you have been trying. I would LOVE to hear from you!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Those look so good!

Adam O said...

I am gonna have to give those a try! Yum yum!

One of my favourite veg recipes of the moment is Shakshuka, an Israeli dish. I've made it my signature dish when I have to cook for others. hahaha. You can find a great recipe on Smitten Kitchen. Great blog for recipes.

Kate Waller said...

I am so glad I stumbled onto your blog. I have been looking for some vegetarian dishes that use up left overs. Thanks for posting these great ideas!

Kristen said...

that sounds great! I'll have to give it a try

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...