Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines dishes







This was such a fun project that I was so excited to do with the kids.  From the first time I pinned these valentines dishes on my LOVE board I knew we had the right plates for decorating. 

The "paint" was simple to make 3 Tbsp of icing sugar mixed with 1 tsp of water and then add your food colouring.  I love using the gel food colouring because you only have to use a tiny tiny amount to get such great colours.  

I started off by making pink but of course Eben wanted blue so I made some just for the kids.  Since Jaelyn loves to put things in her month this was great paint for her.  I just put a bunch on her high chair gave her a brush and let her go to it. 



Eben had lots of fun being creative as well.  He used the blue paint to paint the whole plate like the sky.


I love being able to be creative and include the kids in the projects we are doing. Eben was so happy with his creation and thought it was cool he could eat his lunch off of it. 



Here is my valentines dish that I painted for my Valentines party that I hosted over the weekend.  I love how it turned out and that I can use edible paint to decorate my every day plates whenever I feel like it. 


Here is my plate all ready for the party with my chocolate dipped pretezels!  



1 comment:

Jamie H said...

What a fun way to dress up dishes for any party! Love that the paint is edible and that it's washable! Thanks for linking up to Fun Stuff Fridays on Toys In The Dryer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...