Friday, March 30, 2012

Carrot Cupcakes


 

These carrot cupcakes are so delicious and a great treat for the Easter weekend coming up. 

I started out using one of our favorite recipes Carrot Patch Cupcakes from Meal Makeover Moms.   I usually follow their directions to a tea because I find the recipes always turn out great but because I was craving (reminder 30 weeks pregnant!) a carrot cake I decided to use all white flour this time so I would get the true cake I was craving. 

I had made some of these delicious cinnamon buns the other day and made a large batch of cream cheese frosting in the fridge so I used a little more of that up and then I was also craving toasted coconut after reading about these Easter cupcakes so I decided to toast up some coconut; the first attempt didn't go well and I ended up with burnt coconut but the second try turned out a lot better.   After the first try I was a little worried about letting it go too long so it didn't get the nice toasted color I was going for but it still tasted delicious. 




Micah was excited to come home to these on the counter!   The kids also love them, but I do think they like the frosting the best! 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, I love your idea to top the cupcakes with toasted coconut. I've burned coconut before, so I can certainly relate! Hope the cupcakes hit the spot.

Natasha in Oz said...

They look so yummy and sound like a perfect Easter treat too. Great idea!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...