Friday, August 3, 2012

Pepperoni Stromboli


This was a very delicious supper and it was even cooked on the BBQ.  

I started out with my delicious pizza crust recipe


1 cup water
1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp Honey
1 1/2 cup White Flour
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tbsp Basil
1 tbsp Oregano

1. Dissolve sugar in water and add yeast. Let stand 5-10 minutes
2. Add oil, honey, flour, basil and oregano. (sometimes I throw in some natural bran and flax seeds).
3. Mix all together and then kneed for 5 minutes or until dough is a nice elastic constancy.
4. Let stand covered until doubled in size





Then using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a large rectangle.  

* I am trying to get better at taking pictures along the way but with 3 kids and guest that were coming I just missed a couple of steps! hehe

Once the dough is rolled out I layered peperoni and salamoi along the bottom and toped it with cheese. Then starting at the long side you begin to roll it up until it looks like this! 


Place on a cookie sheet, brush with an egg wash and sprinkle with italian seasoning.  Now you can either bake it in the oven or like I did put it out on the BBQ at a medium heat.  You need to be careful that you don't burn the bottom by having the temperature too high. 

And there you have it a delicious supper that everyone (even my picky eater) ate up.  Here is the  original recipe that I got my idea from. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...