Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Homeschool work books

This year a corner of my kitchen will be turned into our school!  I am looking forward to continuing to teach Eben his letters, numbers and reading.  




I asked around to a lot of homeschooling friends on how I should go about doing Kindergarden.  The big advice they gave me was to have fun while making sure he learns letters, numbers, simple math and reading.  For a number of years now we have been doing lots of fun activities together so I know that he really enjoys learning though games like this and this. So we will continue to learn through games but the  one thing he doesn't enjoy too much is sitting at the table and learning to write. That is what I am really focusing on this year is getting him use to holding a pencil (crayon or maker) and writing. 

To practice writing I went out to the local dollar store and found lots of little books for Kindergarden age.  Then at Costco I bought 200 extra strong page protectors.  That night I took all the books apart and put them into the page proctors and then into different binders.  


We have Phonic books










Math books






I love this Canada math book.  Look at the pattern section it is so Canadian.


Spelling







 I picked up this book even though its for grade 1. I thought if we want to we can do some of these activities towards the end of the school year.



The point of putting all my worksheets into these page protectors is so they can be used again and again.  When I want Eben to do a page I simply take it out of the binder and he uses a dry erase marker.    I also put lots of fun activities I printed off line into the protectors as well.   So find some printable fun check out my school board


What are some resources you use for homeschooling??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a genius :-) Those plastic sheets are great love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...