Thursday, September 20, 2012

S'more Granola


We LOVE s'mores around here so when I saw this recipe on pinterest I knew it was something I wanted to try.  After looking through the recipe I decided to use the same concept but come up with my own version.  
So here it is
2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup Golden graham cereal
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp honey
1 egg
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup crushed chocolate teddy graham bears
1/4 chocolate chips
mini marshmallows

Mix all ingredients together except the chocolate chips and marshmallows.   Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.  Remove from oven and stir up the granola to break it apart then bake for another 15-20 minutes or until granola is crispy. 

Add chocolate chips and marshmallow and store in air tight container. 



For snack time or treat time I scoop a little out into muffin cups for the kids to eat out of. 



One really great thing about this granola is that its peanut free so you could make up a batch for the week and send it with your kids to school.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...